RestoreMax is licensed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR) under the following categories:
- Certified General Contractor: CGC1517328
- Mold Remediator: MRSR235
Why Hire a Licensed Contractor?
When you are looking for a Florida restoration company, be sure to check for licensing. Unlicensed firms will likely give you a lower estimate, but you may be putting your property—and possibly yourself and your family—at serious risk when you hire a contractor without a license.
Benefits of Hiring a Licensed Contractor and Mold Remediator:
In order to obtain a state license in Florida, a contractor must:
- Pass a competency exam.
- Have insurance.
- Be able to prove qualifying education and experience.
- Be screened for prior criminal history.
If you have a complaint against a licensed contractor, the state can discipline the contractor and even revoke its license.
Risks of Hiring an Unlicensed Contractor:
- You may get stuck with shoddy work or be the victim of a scam – If a contractor can’t be bothered to get a license, he or she is likely unqualified and lacks the education and experience needed to pass the licensing exam. The state cannot discipline an unlicensed contractor or help you get your money back if you get scammed.
- Your project may not be to code – Unlicensed contractors are less likely and, often unable, to obtain required permits and inspections. You may have to remove the work or pay a fine for unpermitted work or projects that are not to code on your property.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy likely won’t cover work done by an unlicensed contractor.
For more information on hiring licensed contractors—and the dangers of working with non-licensed contractors—please read these consumer tips from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Hire a Florida remediation company you can trust! Call RestoreMax at 561-742-5767.